Tuesday 28 February 2017

The Pioneer Woman's Wild Rice Pancakes

Ya'll, (in my most southern voice) I love the Pioneer Woman!  All of her recipes are delicious.  But, almost all of her recipes contain meat, eggs and dairy...all of which we have been trying to stay away from lately.  
 I have been wanting to try these pancakes for awhile now and when I didn't have a good plan for dinner one night, we had these.  They were delicious.  I doctored them up to make them "plant based".  
 I used a package of wild rice (where you only have to steam the bag in the microwave for 90 seconds - best thing ever!), substituted whole wheat flour for AP flour, used flaxseed meal...(I did use 1/4 C sugar, but I suppose you could use maple syrup or something instead if you didn't want to us that)...Almond milk instead of whole milk.......then I used this (see below) instead of the eggs. 
I know this seems weird.  It totally is!  But I've seen in a lot of other recipes that they call for an egg replacer.  So, when I saw this at the store, I bought it.
So, I used that for the eggs and I just used spray oil instead of the butter. Oh and I added chopped walnuts to our batter.  A lot of them.  I didn't measure, but it added that little something I think would have been missing.
I figured you could just blow this picture up if you want to try them out...saves me all that typing :o). 
I should have counted how many pancakes this made, because it was a lot.  Which was perfect!  I just stuck the rest of them in the freezer and we've eaten on them for breakfast another morning and when it was "pick what you want for dinner" night;o).  

No comments:

Post a Comment